Wednesday 28 May 2014

Bonnie Tyler Reveals The Secret To Her 41 Years Of Marriage

BONNIE Tyler spoke of her 41 years of marriage to husband Robert Sullivan in a revealing interview with ITV's Kate Garraway, today. 

The 62-year-old singer from Skewen, who is famous for hits such as "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Holding Out For A Hero" appeared on ITV's Lorraine show hosted by Kate Garraway. 

Bonnie Tyler on ITV's Lorraine Show

Kate asked Bonnie how she and her husband Robert Sullivan, a property investor, had managed to stick together through 41 years of marriage and whether it was still founded on love for one another.

Bonnie said: "Yes, of course. It gets deeper doesn't it. I suppose you get comfortable. He's not a bad looking guy and he's very pleasant on the eye. We have a great time. We've had our ups and downs in those years. You would be a liar if you said you didn't."

Bonnie Tyler with her husband Robert Sullivan
The star talked about her enduring love for singing her old hits but revealed she wasn't fond of making the music videos to go with them. 

She said: "I still love singing them. I do a lot of live shows with my band all over the world. When it gets to "Total Eclipse" or "Hero", I just love the atmosphere it causes."

"I'm not very fond of making videos, anyway, although "Total Eclipse" got nominated for a Grammy and I lost out to Michael Jackson, so it's not so bad."

When Kate asked her whether she enjoyed taking part in last year's Eurovision Song Contest, she said: "I did believe it or not. I just chucked myself in at the deep end and I really enjoyed it. It was great. Of course, we knew we wouldn't win. Although, I did think Molly did have a good chance this year because that song she wrote was great but like I keep saying we've only got Ireland to vote for us."

Bonnie told Kate her thoughts about this year's bearded Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst (pic below).


Bonnie quipped:"Funny thing was, the next day [after the Eurovision song contest] one of my friends sent me a picture of myself with a beard and a moustache and said 'See, love, it could've been so different."

The singer also talked about her scheduled appearance in the Rewind South 80s Festival at Temple Island Meadows in Henley-On-Thames on August 17. A host of 80s bands and singers will be performing at the festival including UB40, The Boomtown Rats, Tony Hadley and Jimmy Somerville. 

Bonnie said: "I won't be with my band, I'll be with the house band. I'll be doing about four songs. It's going to be great."

For further information about the Rewind Festival, http://www.rewindfestival.com/

To keep up to date with all your celebrity and TV gossip from Wales, please follow the Weekly Clucker on Twitter @weeklyclucker. Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment